Tier 1 San Diego Disability Discrimination Attorney
California and Federal law states that employers must provide reasonable accommodation to employees with certain medical condition or disabilities. However, employers often fail to even provide any sort of accommodation to an employee before terminating their employment. It is important to have a trained San Diego disability discrimination attorney by your side to hold employers accountable for such illegal behavior.
Miracle Mile Law Group exclusively represents employees who have been victimized due to their disability. We litigate these claims and are determined to maximize the compensation owed to our clients.
Call (888) 244-0706 or fill out the form to arrange a free case evaluation.
What Type of Laws Protect Me from Disability Discrimination?
Federal Law – The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) protects employees from discrimination at work due to a disability.
- Under the ADA, all employers with 15 more or more employees are required to provide reasonable accommodations
- The ADA requires that the physical or mental disability the employee is facing substantiallylimits a major life activity
- Under the ADA, certain damages are capped
State Law – The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) provides much broader protections than the federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- According to FEHA, all employers with 5 more or more employees are required to provide reasonable accommodations
- Under FEHA, there is no requirement that the disability substantiallylimits a major life activity, so more disabilities are covered under state law
- Under FEHA, there are no cap on damages
When Am I Entitled to Reasonable Accommodations?
Once an employee gives notice of the disability, the employer should begin the interactive processto find out an accommodation that is reasonable enough to allow the employee to perform the essential functions of their job.
However, what is reasonable is dependent on a number of factors including:
- the nature of the work
- The nature of the accommodations
- The duration of the accommodations requested
- The burden on the employer
- The effect the accommodations would have on the employer
- The cost to the employer to provide the accommodations
Our San Diego Disability Discrimination Attorney Is Here To Fight For You
If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your disability, you may be entitled to damages including front pay, back pay, emotional distress, and punitive damages. The best move you can make is to have a free consultation with a San Diego disability discrimination attorney. Miracle Mile Law Group is dedicated to fighting for the rights of employees all throughout the nation. We exclusively practice in employment law and we are devoted to holding employers accountable for treating employees unfairly in the workplace.
Call Miracle Mile Law Group today, before the deadline to file a lawsuit runs out! (888) 244-0706.