CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY LOS ANGELES
Every year in Los Angeles and California, thousands of people get in car accidents due to the negligent behavior of fellow drivers. Car accidents are an unfortunate and grim reality of life that can turn a person’s life upside down because of the debilitating consequences that follow. While car accidents negatively affect people’s lives every day, insurance companies make it their job to do everything in their power to lower the chance of any recovery. For these reasons it is imperative to have a skilled car accident attorney by your side to make sure insurance companies do not prevent your recovery.
What Should I Do If I Have Been In A Car Accident?
- DO NOT LEAVE – Never leave the scene of an accident because doing so may raise your liability as a hit-and-run driver. Make sure to stay at the scene until it is safe and legal to leave.
- MAKE SURE PASSENGERS ARE OK – It is important to make sure that other passengers in your car are safe. Look to you right and look behind you and check on any other passengers that may have gotten hurt.
- CALL THE POLICE – immediately call the police in the event of an accident, especially if someone is hurt or injured. The police will also bring them ambulance with them to safely transport any injured persons to get the help they need. Also, the police may file a traffic collision report which will detail what happened in the accident.
- EXCHANGE INFORMATION WITH THE OTHER DRIVER – make sure to obtain the other driver’s name, phone number, address, a picture of their driver’s license, and all pertinent insurance information. You will need this information whenever you report the accident to your insurance company.
- TAKE PICTURES OF THE ACCIDENT – It is extremely important to document how the scene of the accident looked like, including photos of the property damage to both your car and the other driver’s car.
- LET YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY KNOW YOU WERE INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT – Inform your insurance about the accident by telling them the truth of what happened.
- DO NOT SPEAK TO THE OTHER DRIVER’S INSURANCE COMPANY – refrain from talking to the other driver’s insurance company. Many times the insurance company will record the conversation in order to turn things around and the pin the fault on you. Never speak to the other driver’s insurance company without an attorney.
- GET BETTER – if you are seriously injured make sure to visit the hospital immediately. Many times people will be afraid to visit a doctor because they are afraid that they cannot afford the medical bills or some other reason. However, by hiring a car accident attorney you may be able to find help with medical bills without paying upfront fees.
- HIRE AN ATTORNEY – this is extremely important as having an attorney by your side greatly increases the chances that you will get recovery. The car accident attorneys here at Miracle Mile Law Group have years in experience working in negligence = law. Call us at (888) 244-0706 or fill out the form to get a free consultation of your case.
What are the Common Types of Car Accidents?
- Rear-End Collision: This occurs when the front end of one vehicle collides with the rear end of another vehicle. Usually the vehicle whose rear-end was damaged is not at fault but there are many factors which could alter liability.
- Side Swipe Collision: also known as a T-Bone collision or a broad side collision, these occur when the side of a vehicle is impacted. These accidents usually tend to cause the greatest injuries because there is not as much protection in a side-swipe collision.
- Head On Collision: this occurs when the front-ends of both vehicles collide. This can occur when one vehicle enters a one-way street or when a driver makes the wrong turn, leading to serious consequences.
- Vehicle Rollover: a rollover occurs when one vehicle, for some reason, flips over. There are a multitude of reasons this can happen but some reasons include road conditions, environment, driver intoxication, and others.
What are the Common Type of Car Accident Injuries?
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): brain injuries are often misunderstood and overlooked. What initially seems as a regular headache may turn into a life threatening condition known as a traumatic brain injury. For example, head trauma can cause brain bleeding (known as a hemorrhage) which leads to debilitating symptoms such as nausea, severe headache, seizure, difficulty speaking or reading, loss of balance or coordination, and other debilitating conditions. Many people who suffer TBIs end up needing life care assistance for the rest of their lives.
- Whiplash Injury: a whiplash occurs when you least expect it. A sudden burst of impact creates a jolt in your neck, which you are unprepared for, causing stress on your back and neck.
- Spinal Injuries: a spinal injury is most associated with your neck all the way down to your lower back. These injuries are especially noteworthy because they tend to be chronic in nature and make life exceptionally hard because of the sheer pain.
- Lumbar Injury: the lumbar area is the lower part of the back. Injuries to the lumbar area usually make it hard to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Cervical Injury: the cervical area is the upper part of the back and is near the neck area. Injuries to the cervical portion of your spine make it extremely hard to turn your head and can make it hard to breathe and speak.
- Thoracic Injury: the thoracic is the middle portion of a person’s back. Injuries to the thoracic region of the spine include difficulty breathing. This comes as no surprise as the thoracic region is so closely located to your heart.
- Broken Bones: injuries involving broken bones, also known as fractures, are extremely painful and in many instances are chronic and last a lifetime. If a person with a broken or fractured bone neglects to seek medical attention they risk the chance of having the bones healing improperly and causing pain for a lifetime.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: an injury to the soft tissue of the body includes damage to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Injuries that affect the soft tissue of the make it difficult to walk, move your arms, or carry out other daily functions.
- Lacerations: a laceration, or in other words a cut, occurs when shrapnel or other objects come into contact with your skin resulting in a wound. Laceration can be minor or they can be major requiring stitches. While the pain from a laceration may only be temporary, the scarring that arises from the cuts may follow you for the rest of your life.
- Sprains: sprains include torn ligaments or damage to one or more joints in the body. While sprains are not life threatening, these type of injuries make it hard to walk or even move your arms.
How Do I Prove My Car Accident Case?
Car Accident cases are filed in a court of law under a theory of negligence. That means that your car accident attorney has to prove that 1) you were owed a duty by the other driver, 2) the other driver breached that duty, 3) the other driver caused your damages, 4) and that you suffered damages.
- DUTY: this is easily established as all drivers of vehicles owe a duty to act reasonably to other drivers on the road.
- BREACH OF DUTY: this is proved when the driver who hit your car acted unreasonably in some way. For example, when a driver violates some state vehicle code, drives drunk, drives while texting, or acts unreasonable in some other way, then a jury will likely find that the driver breached his duty of care.
- CAUSATION: this is easily established if the driver at fault actually collided with the other vehicle.
- DAMAGES: in order to prevail under a negligence cause of action, you must show that you were physically and or emotionally damaged from the accident or that your car was damaged.
These elements must be proven in order to show that you are entitled to recovery under a negligence cause of action.
Why Choose Miracle Mile Law Group?
Here at Miracle Mile Law Group we have years of experience dealing with car accidents and conniving insurance carriers. We know exactly what carriers will try to do to lower your chance at a fair and just recovery. For example, we are skilled at identifying the arguments insurance companies make to to downgrade your injuries. Do not let an adjuster take advantage of you. Hire Miracle Mile Law Group.
CALL (888) 244-0706 OR FILL OUT THE FORM TO SPEAK ATTORNEYS AT MIRACLE MILE LAW GROUP TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CASE!